- Getting OAuth 2.0 Authorization
- Developer Application set-up
- Clio's API v4
This guide is targeted for developers using Clio's North American instance.
This guide requires the use of a 3rd party application called Postman, an API development environment. You can start using Postman by clicking here.
- Navigate to the Clio Developer Apps page
- Login with your account information
- Click the green Add button
- Enter a name in the Application Name field (ie: API TEST)
- Enter https://www.getpostman.com/oauth2/callback in the Website URL and the Deauthorization callback URL fields
- Logo's are optional
- Enter https://oauth.pstmn.io/v1/callback in the Redirect URIs field
- Check the box Accept Developer Terms of Service
- Check all required Read or Write API Permissions checkboxes
- Description is optional
- Click Save
- Note the generated App Key and App Secret
- Click New
- Select the Request option
- Fill in the Request Name field (ie: Token Generation)
- Choose a collection to store this Request in
- Click the Authorization sub-tab of this Request
- Click the Type dropdown menu and
- Select OAuth 2.0
- Click Get New Access Token
- Fill in the 'Token Name' field (ie: EU TEST Token)
- Enter 'https://app.clio.com/oauth/authorize' into the Auth URL field
- Enter 'https://app.clio.com/oauth/token' into the Access Token URL field
- Enter the previously generated App Key into the 'Client ID' field
- Enter the previously generated App Secret into the 'Client Secret' field
- Leave scope unchanged
- Make sure 'Grant Type' field is set to 'Authorization Code'
- Click 'Request Token'