- Getting OAuth 2.0 Authorization
- Developer Application set-up
- Clio's API v4
This guide is targeted for developers using Clio's North American instance.
This guide requires the use of a 3rd party application called Postman, an API development environment. You can start using Postman by clicking here.
- Navigate to the Clio Developer Apps page and login with your account information.
- click the green 'Add' button
- Enter a name in the 'Application Name' field (ie: API TEST)
- Enter https://www.getpostman.com/oauth2/callback in the 'Website URL' field
- Logo's are optional
- Enter https://oauth.pstmn.io/v1/callback in the "Redirect URIs" field
- Enter https://www.getpostman.com/oauth2/callback in the 'Deauthorization callback URL' field
- Toggle to the API v4 option
- Check all required Read or Write API Permissions checkboxes
- Description is optional
- Click Save
- Note the generated 'App Key' and 'App Secret'
- Click 'New'
- Choose the 'Request' option
- Fill in the 'Request Name' field (ie: Token Generation)
- Choose a collection to store this Request in
- In the Authorization sub-tab of this Request, Click the dropdown 'Type' menu and choose 'OAuth 2.0'
- Click 'Get New Access Token'
- Fill in the 'Token Name' field (ie: EU TEST Token)
- Enter 'https://app.clio.com/oauth/authorize' into the Auth URL field
- Enter 'https://app.clio.com/oauth/token' into the Access Token URL field
- Enter the previously generated App Key into the 'Client ID' field
- Enter the previously generated App Secret into the 'Client Secret' field
- Leave scope unchanged
- Make sure 'Grant Type' field is set to 'Authorization Code'
- Click 'Request Token'