To build as a public app developer, you'll need to have created an App Developer account. This article assumes you've completed the account setup in the Apply for an App Developer account article, as well as the following,
- If you are a public app developer, you have applied for and have been approved of a Clio App Developer account.
- You are an app developer, building on Clio's North American instance (app.clio.com, not eu.app.clio.com or ca.app.clio.com).
- You are using API development environments such as Postman. You can start using Postman by clicking here.
Create a Clio Application
- Navigate to the Clio Developer Apps page and login with your account information.
- Click the green 'Add' button to create a new application. Enter details and select the scope of your application here - these details will be shown to Clio users when they're asked to authorize your application.
- Make note of the
secret, as these will be used to authorize your application with Clio.
This application holds the credentials you will use to authorize your users, so ensure you protect your Clio account!
Once you've created a Clio application and have the
key and the
secret, you will need to continue the process of building the OAuth 2.0 workflow that your users will go through when authorizing your application. Each user will need to be authorized in this manner to connect their account in your application to their account in Clio.