- Set redirect URIs
- Clio's API v4
Redirect URIs comprise a list of URIs that define which addresses the user is allowed to be redirected to while obtaining an authorization code, as described in our documentation here. If Redirect URIs are configured, they act as an explicit allow-list, so any attempt to redirect to a URI not on the list will result in an error.
For applications that require a dynamic URI to be used, a parameter can be used during authorization to include the needed information. For example, "https://example-third-party-application.clio.dev/manage_callback" can be set as the Redirect URI in the Clio settings, and "https://example-third-party-application.clio.dev/manage_callback?id=123456" can then be passed to Clio during authentication. This extra parameter will be permitted, and can then be used to redirect the user to the needed page.
Redirect URIs are required for all applications in all Clio regions that your app is offered.
- Navigate to the Clio Developer portal page in the desired region:
- Under "Developer Apps", find your application and click "Edit".
- In the Redirect URIs box, add the URIs.
- Save the changes.
- Once redirect URIs have been configured, it is recommended that you make sure they are correct by activating the application and testing it.
- Repeat these steps for each of your applications, in all regions.