- When trying to get the Access Token, why is there an error message?
- Error message: invalid_client, the client identifier provided is invalid, the client failed to authenticate, the client did not include its credentials, provided multiple client credentials, or used unsupported credentials type
- Clio's API v4
- This can occur if the Account is in a different region than the Endpoint that has been entered in the Token URL field
- There are two accounts involved in this process: the Developer Account and the Clio User. These must both match the correct region.
- For more information on obtaining authorization as a Developer please click here.
- This can also occur if you are passing the incorrect Client_ID, or incorrect Client_Secret
North American accounts:
- Please use this Endpoint in the Access Token URL field: https://app.clio.com/oauth/token
- Please use this Endpoint in the Access Token URL field: https://ca.app.clio.com/oauth/token
- Please use this Endpoint in the Access Token URL field: https://eu.app.clio.com/oauth/token